Home  >  Articles  >  The Immediate Symptoms of Lead Paint Poisoning

The Immediate Symptoms of Lead Paint Poisoning

Although it has been banned in the United States since the late 1970s, there are still a number of homes and other buildings across the country with lead-based paint inside and outside. Lead paint is extremely dangerous if ingested or inhaled and can cause serious long-term side effects. If a property owner or landlord doesn’t properly inform guests or tenants of the presence of lead paint, they are putting innocent lives at risk.

To learn more about lead paint poisoning and your legal rights and options for recovering financial compensation, contact the Oklahoma personal injury attorneys of the Abel Law Firm today at (405) 239-7046 and schedule a free consultation.

Early Symptoms of Lead Poisoning

When lead-based paint begins to chip, it can release small particles in the air as well as large chunks of paint on the ground that can be easily inhaled or ingested. When lead enters the body, it can cause immediate damage. Some of the most common symptoms include the following:

  • Loss of appetite
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Restlessness
  • Discoloration along the gum line

These initial symptoms eventually progress to more severe health consequences. Make sure you seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the above.

Contact Us

Lead paint poisoning can be extremely serious, with consequences that may affect you for the rest of your life. If you or someone you know has suffered from lead poisoning because of a negligent property owner, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Contact the Oklahoma personal injury lawyers of the Abel Law Firm at (405) 239-7046 today and take control of your future.

Abel Law Firm (405) 239-7046