Update: Victim in Thursday’s duplex fire has died of his injuries
Posted on Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 at 1:05 pm
The victim, who was pulled from the blaze in the 1200 block of North Villa just before 10:30 a.m., was taken to the hospital after firefighters at the scene performed emergency measures on him.
Despite CPR efforts and measures to counter possible cyanide poisoning from smoke inhalation, the victim, who remains unidentified at this time, died around 5 p.m.
The fire, likely caused by an electric source, also trapped a dog that was safely rescued and returned to its owner.
This information is presented as a way to help keep our community safer and is not meant to be taken as legal advice. However, the Oklahoma City burn injury attorneys at the Abel Law Firm have helped clients secure financial compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident involving another vehicle, contact us today for a free consultation.