2 family members injured after TV caught fire in OKC

Posted on Monday, June 6th, 2016 at 4:43 pm    

At least two family members in southwest Oklahoma City sustained minor injuries while in their home after their television set suddenly caught fire, an article of News Channel 4 reported on June 2.

According to reports, at about 4:00 a.m. authorities responded to a residential fire in the vicinity of Villa and S.W. 52nd. Mother of five Tina Luna reportedly alerted fire crews after waking up to see that their television was on fire. Luna pulled the burning TV out of the house while her son Jose, 14, helped to put out the fire. Tina and Jose only sustained minimal injuries from containing the fire. Responding fire crews realized that the TV emitted excessive heat and caught fire due to covered vents. Though the family can still occupy their home, the estimated cost of the damage was $5,000.

Although no one was seriously injured in the recent residential fire in Oklahoma, the lawyers at the Abel Law Firm understand that many families have to deal with great financial loss after such an incident. If you have been the victim of an unexpected fire accident, we may be able to help you receive compensation if a defective product was the cause. Begin taking your legal action against negligent manufacturers by calling (405) 239-7046.

Ed Abel Named Oklahoma City Personal Injury Litigator of the Year

Ed Abel was awarded the Litigator of the Year award as recognition of his tremendous success in the courtroom defending the lives of Oklahomans, and his unique service as a true son of the State of Oklahoma. He has won some of the largest verdicts in Oklahoma's history, and he and his team have successfully argued against harmful tort reform laws in the state Supreme Court. His impact is so widespread across the state that Governor Mary Fallin declared May 1st as "Ed Abel Day."

Get a free case review