Construction worker falls into acid, co-workers save him
Posted on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 at 2:08 pm
It was a New Jersey construction worker’s first day on a new job site when he slipped and fell into a large vat of acid. Luckily, several of his brave coworkers were willing to help rescue the man, who was completely covered in the nitric acid.
This accident took place in Clifton, New Jersey, on Monday morning. The 44-year-old was balancing on the roof of a tube manufacturing plant when he fell 40 feet into the nitric acid container. He received numerous injuries from the incident, including a punctured lung, burns covering his body, and a broken rib.
The four workers who were able to pull the man to safety were treated for varying injuries including burns. An investigation into the construction accident is underway, and it is not known at this time whether the construction company had the correct permits for the manufacturing plant project.
If you have been injured in a construction accident due to exposure to a toxic substance, please contact the Oklahoma toxic substance exposure lawyers of the Abel Law Firm by calling (405) 239-7046 today.