Driver hospitalized after cigarette ignites gas cannister in his vehicle

Posted on Thursday, March 18th, 2021 at 12:02 am    

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – One man was rushed to the hospital after a lit cigarette caused a gas canister to ignite in his vehicl0e Tuesday night.

According to KFOR, the firefighter responded to the scene within the 2000 block of Northwest 12th Street sometime before 11 p.m.

The vehicle went up in flames immediately after the unidentified driver lit a cigarette. He was rushed to a hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.

This information is presented as a way to help keep our community safer and is not meant to be taken as legal advice. However, the Oklahoma City car accident attorneys at the Abel Law Firm have helped clients secure financial compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident involving another vehicle, contact us today for a free consultation.

Ed Abel Named Oklahoma City Personal Injury Litigator of the Year

Ed Abel was awarded the Litigator of the Year award as recognition of his tremendous success in the courtroom defending the lives of Oklahomans, and his unique service as a true son of the State of Oklahoma. He has won some of the largest verdicts in Oklahoma's history, and he and his team have successfully argued against harmful tort reform laws in the state Supreme Court. His impact is so widespread across the state that Governor Mary Fallin declared May 1st as "Ed Abel Day."

Get a free case review