Man injured in OKC apartment fire after he falls asleep while cooking
Posted on Sunday, March 14th, 2021 at 8:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – A man was injured after he fell asleep while cooking at an apartment in northwest Oklahoma City yesterday, according to News on 6.
The fire happened at Hayden Place Apartments on NW 10th Street, near N MacArthur Boulevard and N Rockwell Avenue, when a man fell asleep while he was cooking.
He was woken by the fire and was able to escape the blaze.
The victim suffered mild burn injuries and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
No other people were reported as hurt.
The report states that some people were displaced as a result of the blaze, though it is unclear how many residents of the complex were affected.
This information is presented as a way to help keep our community safer and is not meant to be taken as legal advice. However, the Oklahoma City accident attorneys at the Abel Law Firm have helped clients secure financial compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident involving another vehicle, contact us today for a free consultation.