Update: OKC firefighter still in the hospital following house fire
Posted on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 at 9:29 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – An Oklahoma City firefighter is still in the hospital following a house fire last Wednesday.
The house fire started when a generator ran out of gas and someone attempted to refuel it while it was still hot, according to KFOR and the Oklahoma City Fire Department.
As previously reported, the injured firefighter inhaled superheated smoke while in the home when his mask was running low on air. He was taken to the INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center, where his condition has worsened.
Today, his family told KFOR he is on oxygen as he fights pneumonia. OKC Fire Department official comments did say he was improving, but there is no information on when the firefighter will be released from the hospital.
The Oklahoma City fire accident attorneys of Abel Law Firm have extensive experience helping those who’ve been hurt due to the negligent actions of others. If you or a loved one has been injured in a house fire, we can help. Our team will help you understand your rights and legal options and will seek the maximum compensation possible for your claim. Call us at (405) 451-5157 or fill out a contact form to schedule a free consultation with us online.