My wife was in a car accident and suffered some injuries. Even though the driver had admitted fault, it was a very stressful situation for us. Working with Abel Law Firm was the best decision we could have possibly made. Luke was very professional, and best of all he eased our worries throughout the process. I would highly recommend using Abel Law Firm to anyone that was in need.
Ten Items You Should Always Have in Your Roadside Emergency Kit
No one wants to think about being involved in an automobile accident, but being prepared for the worst can save you a lot of frustration in the event that you are in a car accident. A roadside emergency kit is not only a good idea, but it should be an essential for every vehicle.
Sadly, even if you are fully prepared and cautious when you take to the road, you can still be injured because of someone else’s negligence. If you have been involved in a car accident caused by another party, contact the Oklahoma injury lawyers of the Abel Law Firm today at (405) 239-7046.
Roadside Emergency Kit Essentials
Before you hit the road, you need to make sure you have the following items on hand:
- Flashlight – Make sure you know where this is at all times, as this is essential in the event that an accident occurs at night
- Emergency flares or warning triangles – These help warn other drivers of your presence on the road
- First aid kit – Can help you take care of minor injuries in the event of an accident
- Jack / lug nut wrench – Essential for changing a flat tire quickly and safely
- Pen and paper – Necessary for writing down information from other motorists involved in the accident as well as witness names and contact information
- Food or water – To sustain you in case you are stranded in the middle of nowhere for a while waiting on a tow truck or other assistance
- Cell phone – Allows you to make emergency phone calls if no one else is around to help
- Jumper cables – Car batteries can die so make sure you have jumper cables ready to re-start your vehicle
- Basic toolbox – Helpful in the event that you need to make small repairs
- Blanket or poncho – This can keep you warm and dry in case you are in an accident in inclement weather
Accidents can affect even those who are most prepared for them. If you were injured because of someone else’s recklessness, you shouldn’t have to face the costs of recovery alone. Learn more about pursuing compensation by calling the Oklahoma City motor vehicle accident attorneys of the Abel Law Firm today at (405) 239-7046.