The kitchen can be one of the most dangerous parts of a house with a long list of potential hazards that could injure you or another party. Anything and everything used to prepare or cook food could be a hazard, especially if someone acts negligently. Lacerations or amputations due to sharp knives and blades in blenders or food processors, burns from contact exposed heat sources, or slip and fall accidents resulting from spills or merely slick floor surfaces are just a few of the dangers.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a kitchen accident because of someone’s negligent actions or a faulty product, you may be eligible for financial compensation to help pay for medical bills and lost wages. Get the compensation you need by calling the Oklahoma personal injury lawyers of the Abel Law Firm at (405) 239-7046.
Kitchen Safety Tips
While you cannot always prevent someone from acting irresponsibly, you can take certain precautions to ensure your own personal safety in the kitchen. To stay safe while cooking or preparing food, be sure to:
- Clean up any spill or mess immediately to prevent slip and fall accidents
- Keep a fire extinguisher close to the kitchen at all times
- Do not abandon the stove when in use
- Be aware of loose fitting clothing and tie long hair back and away from the flame
- Exercise extreme caution when handling knives
- To prevent bacteria from spreading, clean your kitchen regularly
- Never leave children alone and unsupervised in the kitchen
If you are a guest in another person’s home and suffer serious kitchen-related injuries due to their negligent or reckless actions, filing a civil lawsuit might be in your best interest.
It is important that you are fully aware of your legal rights if you have been the victim of an accident on the property of another person or enterprise. You should not be left to bear the burden of medical bills, pain and suffering, or lost wages. Contact the Oklahoma personal injury lawyers of the Abel Law Firm at (405) 239-7046 today.