Nobody wants to think about being in an accident, but if you are, you need experienced attorneys at your side to help you get the compensation you deserve. No matter what kind of accident or injury you’ve suffered, the legal team at Abel Law Firm is here for the residents of Mustang, OK, and anywhere in the Oklahoma City area. Contact us today!
Whether it is a distracted driver reading a text message, a loose dog biting your child, or a pallet of bricks falling off the back of a truck, carelessness is not an excuse for allowing accidents to happen. We are all responsible for our actions in keeping one another safe.
When another person’s carelessness results in your pain and suffering, you should expect reasonable compensation for their negligence. You need the aggressive representation of Abel Law Firm. Call us at (405) 239-7046 for a confidential consultation, or you can reach us online.
Abel Law Firm handles a wide range of personal injury cases. Our legal team will take the time to listen to the facts in your case, handle your paperwork, and deal with the insurance companies and their attorneys on your behalf.
- Car Accidents. No car accident is minor when it is your car and you or a loved one who is injured. Whether it was a two-car accident or a multi-car collision, you should have someone beside you to gather documents and witness statements on your behalf.
- Motorcycle Accidents. The roads should be safe for everyone, but motorcycles are half the size of most vehicles. As a result, other motorists don’t always see them. Being struck by a car or another vehicle could mean devastating injuries and a slow recovery that needs expensive medical care.
- Truck Accidents. When a truck hits you, the liable parties may include the driver, the driver’s employer, the maintenance company, the shipping company, and even the truck’s manufacturer.
- Bike-Share Accidents. Bike-share has revolutionized public transportation and increased the number of cyclists on the road. There are rules affecting how you can ride and when you need to report accidents to the bike-share companies, and you need someone to explain these to you.
- Scooter Injuries. Whether an electric rental scooter or your own property, these lightweight transportation options bridge the gap between bikes and skateboards. Unfortunately, the law hasn’t quite caught up to what they are or how to treat accidents involving them. You should have an attorney who is on the cutting edge of the legal field.
- Construction Accidents. Worksites are filled with potential injuries. Heavy equipment, sharp objects, and vendors moving in and out at high speed. If you were injured while you were an employee on the site, workers’ compensation coverage should apply. If you were a visitor to the site, you’ll need to determine the identity of the at-fault party so you can make a claim for compensation for your injuries.
- Premises Liability. Slipping on a banana peel is only funny in old movies. In real life, property owners are responsible for keeping their floors clean and free of debris. If they fail to do so, your injuries are their responsibility, too.
- Product Liability. When you buy something at the store, you expect it to be safe and work properly. There are laws that require manufacturers, shippers, and store owners to sell safe, well-made products to their customers. You may have a cause of action if they do not.
- Burn Injuries. Whether from heat, chemicals, scalding water, or even road rash, burns are the most painful and disfiguring of all injuries. The scars can require years of reconstructive surgery and physical therapy for a full recovery.
- Brain Injuries. No longer “just a concussion,” closed head trauma is now recognized as a serious, potentially lasting injury. Skull fractures, subdural hematoma, and penetrating skull injuries all cause life-altering injuries that can lead to years of medical treatment.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. We all fear the loss of our mobility, and rightly so. Even minor damage to the spine can result in lasting pain and disability. In the worst cases, paralysis and loss of the use of legs and arms mean a lifetime of care.
- Dog Bites. Dogs bite when they are sick, hurt, or when their owner has carelessly allowed them to run loose. A poorly trained or vicious dog is not responsible for its action. The owner should be. The human should be required to compensate you for their human negligence.
- Insurance Disputes. The goal of any insurance claim is a settlement that is fair and reasonable. If an insurer refuses to pay the benefits you’ve paid for, it may be necessary to take the case to court and let a judge do that instead.
- Nursing Home Abuse. There is nothing worse than learning that the people you trusted to care for your aged loved ones have been abusive. There are criminal penalties, but you and your relatives should also be compensated for any losses you have suffered at the hands of the wrongdoers.
- Wrongful Death. When someone dies because of another’s negligence or carelessness, it may not rise to the level of criminal behavior. This should not mean you have no recourse. Let us review your case and see what compensation you may receive to ease the pain of your loss.
What We Can Do For You
Our Abel Law Firm attorneys have a combined 150 years of experience in the practice of personal injury law. We want all our clients to have the aggressive representation that the insurers have with their teams of in-house counsel. When you bring your case to us, you can count on having compassion and determination on your side.
The statute of limitations in Oklahoma for a personal injury case is two years from the date of injury. That means that, should you need to, you only have two years to file a lawsuit for compensation from the at-fault party. Once you have been injured, you need time to seek treatment and gather your documents to file a claim. Just to put more pressure on you, some insurance companies want you to file a claim in as few as 30 days after the accident. You should not have to cope with all that pressure by yourself.
Call Abel Law Firm at (405) 239-7046 right away. Even if you’re not sure you’ll be pursuing legal action, we can look at your case and advise you about your best next steps. The initial consultation is free. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve.