My wife was in a car accident and suffered some injuries. Even though the driver had admitted fault, it was a very stressful situation for us. Working with Abel Law Firm was the best decision we could have possibly made. Luke was very professional, and best of all he eased our worries throughout the process. I would highly recommend using Abel Law Firm to anyone that was in need.
Stillwater Personal Injury Lawyers
If you were involved in an accident due to another person’s negligence, reach out to Abel Law Firm to discuss your case. You might be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other incurred expenses.
An injury can leave you facing physical, financial, and emotional struggles. Whether you are involved in an accident on someone else’s property or are injured in a car crash, you may require extensive medical treatment to heal. It is your right to hold the at-fault party liable for their actions and seek compensation for your losses.
At Abel Law Firm, our legal team will review the circumstances of the incident to determine who was at fault and create an effective strategy to hold them accountable. We can file an insurance claim and negotiate a settlement on your behalf. Additionally, our trial lawyers have experience taking cases to court when necessary.
You can depend on our Stillwater personal injury lawyers to fight by your side for the justice you deserve. We will do our best to try to reach a favorable outcome in your case so you can recover financially after the accident and move forward with your life. You will have a dedicated team in your corner to advocate for your rights until the end.
For a free consultation, call Abel Law Firm at (405) 239-7046 today and learn more about what we can do for you after an accident in Stillwater.
Our Practice Areas
Abel Law Firm has represented clients in personal injury cases since 1976. Our attorneys have over 130 years of combined legal experience. We handle various types of personal injury cases, including:
- Nursing home abuse – Doctors, nurses, and other staff members in nursing homes are supposed to provide care to their patients. Unfortunately, older adults are vulnerable to injuries at the hands of negligent and abusive employees.
- Car accidents – A car crash can happen for many reasons. Driver inattention and driver error are among the most common. When motorists don’t focus on the task at hand or obey traffic laws, they place other people at risk of injury.
- Product liability – Defective products typically end up in the hands of consumers when manufacturers make some sort of error during the manufacturing process. Defects make products inherently unsafe for use and can lead to injuries and even death.
- Motorcycle accidents – Since motorcycles are much smaller than most vehicles, it’s harder to notice them on the road. Most drivers focus on the cars around them instead of nearby motorcyclists. This lack of attention can result in someone sideswiping the rider while turning or changing lanes.
- Wrongful death – Another person’s negligent actions can cause the death of a loved one. Surviving family members can file a wrongful death claim and seek compensation for their losses.
- Spinal cord injuries – The spinal cord can suffer significant damage during an accident. Victims can face long-term consequences of this severe injury, including loss of mobility, chronic pain, and paralysis.
- Truck accidents – Commercial truck drivers are responsible for navigating through traffic in a large vehicle. Distractions, fatigue, and reckless behavior can result in collisions with small cars, causing massive destruction and life-threatening injuries to the smaller vehicle occupants.
- Brain injuries – Injuries to the brain can range in severity. A traumatic brain injury disrupts the functioning of the brain, resulting in cognitive and physical impairments. Permanent damage could occur, preventing the victim from performing routine tasks.
- Premises liability – Visiting someone’s property should never turn into a traumatic experience. Unfortunately, owners that don’t properly maintain their properties may create hazardous conditions for guests, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Dog bites – A dog’s owner could be liable for an injured victim’s losses following a bite or attack. As long as the victim didn’t provoke the dog or do anything to contribute to the incident, they have a right to pursue compensation.
- Construction accidents – Employers must purchase workers’ compensation insurance. If an employee suffers a job-related injury, they should receive benefits through their employer’s insurance carrier to cover medical care and lost wages.
- Burn injuries – Burns can cause significant damage to a person’s skin, nerves, tissue, and muscle. This type of injury might require surgery, skin grafting, and other painful treatment. Car crashes, building fires, workplace accidents, and various scenarios can lead to burn injuries.
- Bike-share accidents – Bike-share services allow riders to rent a bicycle short-term. Poorly maintained bikes and parts can put the biker in danger, resulting in a serious accident. The company should be financially responsible for the victim’s expenses.
- Scooter injuries – Many people enjoy the convenience and affordability of scooters. However, scooters don’t provide riders with much protection in a collision with a truck, car, motorcycle, or fixed object. Scooter accidents can result in severe injuries.
If you were injured by someone else’s negligence, call Abel Law Firm to discuss the available legal options. You won’t have to face this complicated process alone. Our Stillwater personal injury lawyers can take on the responsibility of your case from start to finish so you can focus on healing.
Compensation You Can Seek Following an Accident
If you suffer injuries in an accident caused by someone else, you might be able to pursue compensation through an insurance claim. If you were at a friend’s house and their dog bit you, you could file a claim with their homeowner’s insurance policy. Car accident victims can seek a settlement by filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s auto insurance carrier.
The compensation you receive should cover the losses you suffered from the accident, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Pain and suffering
In a lawsuit, you can also pursue punitive damages. However, you must provide clear and convincing evidence of the at-fault party’s reckless disregard for the rights of others. Punitive damages are designed to “punish” the at-fault party for excessive recklessness or negligence.
Deadline to File a Lawsuit
If you decide you want to sue the negligent party for the injuries they caused, you must comply with the statute of limitations on personal injury cases. This is the amount of time you have to initiate your lawsuit in civil court. Oklahoma follows a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. That means you have two years from the date of your injury to file suit if you want to pursue compensation.
If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries in an accident, contact Abel Law Firm to get started on your case. We will aggressively seek the maximum possible compensation to compensate for your present and future losses. If your actions didn’t contribute to your injury, you should not be forced to pay out of pocket for your expenses.
Call (405) 239-7046 for a free consultation with one of our skilled and knowledgeable Stillwater personal injury lawyers.