What to Wear to Court
If there is ever a time to dress responsibly and respectfully, it is during a court appearance or deposition. These types of proceedings can have a serious impact on your life, no matter what role you are playing in the trial or other action. The truth of the matter is that your visual appearance does have an impact on how you are perceived and considered by other people involved in the legal proceeding.
The manner in which you present yourself in court indicates to others how you regard the proceeding that you are participating in. If you or someone you love has been injured and is in need of experienced legal advice, please contact the Oklahoma personal injury lawyers at the Abel Law Firm by calling (405) 239-7046.
Court Room Attire
For both men and women who will be appearing in court or at a deposition, it is important to dress as professionally and respectfully as possible. For both men and women, a suit is always your best option if you have one. Having a neat, clean appearance is important. Consider the following tips when dressing for a court appearance:
- Wear a suit or other professional attire
- Do not wear any flashy jewelry or clothing that will draw negative attention
- Make sure that your clothing is clean and properly maintained
- Consider your personal hygiene, and come well-groomed
- Do not wear jeans unless this is your nicest option