Oklahoma City Driver Error Attorneys
Being injured in a car accident can put an incredible amount of stress on you and your family – stress that may be exacerbated if your injury was caused by another driver’s carelessness or negligence. The driver may be responsible for your injury and the resulting costs you have to face: medical bills, lost wages, and more.
According to some studies, driver negligence accounts for a staggering 81% of all car accidents. If you or someone you love has been injured because of someone else’s negligence, the Oklahoma City driver error attorneys of the Abel Law Firm may be able to help you get the compensation that you deserve. To learn more about how we may be able to fight to defend your rights, contact us today by calling (405) 239-7046 or online.
How Can a Lawyer Help with My Driver Error Case?
Having an experienced Oklahoma City car accident attorney in your corner can be a make-or-break factor when trying to reach a settlement or if the case has to go to trial. An effective personal injury lawyer will be able to discuss your legal options, work with you to build a case, and fight for your rights at the negotiation table or in the courtroom to ensure you get the compensation you need. They can fight to bring justice to drivers who, through their careless actions, have caused you and your family pain.
Driver error cases, like many kinds of personal injury cases, can be complex. To prove negligence is to prove that a reasonable person would have not taken the same actions under similar circumstances. A qualified driver error lawyer will have the knowledge and familiarity with personal injury law to make an effective case and understand the common defenses that drivers may use if they have been careless or negligent. An experienced lawyer will be able to communicate with insurance companies and understand the tactics that they use to try to dodge your claim.
Why Choose Abel Law Firm?
The Oklahoma City driver error attorneys of Abel Law Firm have more than 130 years of combined experience practicing, giving us a level of familiarity with personal injury law that only experience can bring.
We don’t attempt to meet case quotas or push you through. Our attorneys promise to treat your case and needs as unique, giving your case the individual attention necessary to come out victorious in the settlement process or in court. Several of our attorneys maintain perfect 10 ratings on legal rating website Avvo, which aggregates reviews and awards for the firm and individual attorneys.
Senior partner and Oklahoma native Ed Abel has been named as a “Super Lawyer” each year from 2007-present, an honor bestowed to only the state’s best lawyers. Mr. Abel has practiced in Oklahoma City since 1966, winning several seven-figure settlements for his clients as well as one eight-figure settlement, which at the time was the largest-ever personal injury verdict handed down by a jury in Oklahoma.
Someone else’s negligence or carelessness should never be allowed to have a permanent impact on your life. We will be able to effectively communicate with insurance companies and all those involved, ensuring that they do not get away with making you a lowball offer or trying to dodge a settlement altogether. You should never have to handle a personal injury claim alone. The attorneys of Abel Law Firm are armed with the knowledge, experience, and resources to win the compensation that you need to recover and return to a normal life.
How We Can Help
Getting money to repay you for your medical bills and lost wages and to compensate you for the pain and suffering you have experienced is our goal. We believe that justice means getting injured victims the money they and their families need. We may be able to help you if your driver-error injury involved:
- Multi-vehicle collision: If multiple vehicles were involved in the crash, it may be difficult to understand how to determine who was liable and who needs compensation. We can help you sort through the insurance claims and establish who may have been at fault.
- Pedestrian injury: If you were on foot and were struck by a car, truck, or another commercial vehicle, you may be eligible for compensation if the driver of that vehicle was being negligent or careless.
- Truck collision: Professional truck drivers are often held to a higher standard and should be subject to strict oversight by the trucking companies they work for. If a truck driver hit you due to driver error, then the trucking company and the driver may be liable.
- Distracted driving: In Oklahoma, it is not legal to text and drive. If a driver was paying attention to their phone, stereo, GPS device, or was otherwise not focused on the road, it may constitute negligence or carelessness.
- Violating traffic laws: If the driver caused the accident due to breaking a traffic law (such as failing to yield the right-of-way or running a red light), this could constitute negligence.
- Intoxicated driving: People who drive while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or even prescription drugs put themselves and everyone else on the road at risk.
- Aggressive driving: Tailgating, speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, running red lights and stop signs, failing to signal, and other aggressive actions can make drivers difficult to predict, causing serious accidents.
Abel Law Firm brings the knowledge and experience to the table to handle all of the above types of cases and more. It is important to remember that in driver error cases, like many personal injury cases, you will have to prove that the driver was acting negligently in order to win compensation. Negligence means something very specific under the law. The following conditions must be met to prove that the driver was acting negligently:
- The defendant (the person who caused your injury) breached their duty to keep you safe on the road. To prove this, your lawyer will gather evidence from the accident scene, including photos, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and accident reports.
- This breach of duty directly caused you significant injuries and expenses. This element can be shown using medical records, medical bills, car repair bills, therapy notes, and more.
- The other person was more at fault than you were. Oklahoma is what is known as a comparative negligence state. If you are found to be more than 50 percent at fault, you will not receive compensation.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident caused by driver error, the Oklahoma City car accident attorneys of the Abel Law Firm may be able to help. You and your family should not be held financially responsible for an injury caused by someone else.
Being injured in a car accident due to a driver’s errors can cause massive disruption to your life. Not only can it lead to physical and emotional trauma but also to financial stresses due to missed wages and mounting medical expenses. If you were injured in a car accident in Oklahoma City due to driver error, it is in your best interest to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. Like many personal injury cases, driver error cases carry a two-year statute of limitations. The sooner you can file a claim, the sooner we can work to make sure that you get the compensation that you need to recover.
With a total of over 150 years of legal experience to put at your disposal, the Abel Law Firm means business. We know what it takes to get our injured clients the financial compensation that they need. We understand the challenges you and your family are facing because of your injury, and we may be able to help you work to overcome them. Contact us today by calling (405) 239-7046.