Oklahoma Slip and Fall Attorneys
When a slip and fall accident occurs on property owned by another person or business, the accident victim may be eligible to take legal action under premises liability law. While each individual person is responsible for being aware and conscientious of environmental hazards, property owners are also required to maintain their premises and ensure the safety of guests.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that occurred on another person or entity’s property, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. Contact an Oklahoma slip and fall lawyer from the Abel Law Firm today to discuss your legal options. Call (405) 239-7046 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Types of Slip and Fall Cases
Various circumstances can result in a slip and fall injury. Four generalized categories of slip and fall injures are:
- Trip-and-fall accidents: An object is located in walkway, causing a person to trip
- Stump-and-fall accidents: An impediment in the walking surface causes a person to stump a toe and fall
- Step-and-fall accidents: A structurally unstable walking surface may collapse
- Slip-and-fall accidents: A slippery walking surface causes a person to slip and fall
It is the property owner’s responsibility to provide ample warning about these hazards in order to protect guests and visitors from harm.
Instances When Slips and Trips Aren’t Your Fault
- There is water on the floor and you slip in the puddle before a sign is put up to warn you of the hazard
- A temporary construction project results in uneven terrain, but they fail to post signs warning you of the hazard.
If you suffer from an accidental fall while in a public space, you may be eligible for compensation for damages. In order to ensure a solid case, make sure you document all aspects of your accident, including: records of injury (hospital bills, doctor visits, etc.), photographs of the hazardous circumstances which caused your accident (uneven terrain, puddles, etc.), and the names and telephone numbers of as many witnesses as possible.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall accident due to a negligent property owner, you should discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney. Contact the Oklahoma slip and fall lawyers of the Abel Law Firm today at (405) 239-7046 for more information.