5 Tips for Driving Safely at Night
In order to be a safe and responsible driver, you must have the ability to competently handle your vehicle in all types of weather as well as at night. Driving at night requires drivers to slightly adjust their driving style in order to decrease the chances of an accident. Unfortunately, driving at night is more dangerous than driving during the day not only because of decreased visibility, but also because there is also a higher risk of someone falling asleep at the wheel or driving while intoxicated.
If you or someone you know has suffered a serious injury in a car accident because of someone else’s negligent driving at night, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation for your medical bills, property repair costs, and emotional trauma. To discuss your legal options, contact an Oklahoma City injury attorney of the Abel Law Firm today at 405-239-7046 and schedule a free consultation.
Safe Driving at Night
You can be a safer driver at night and greatly reduce your risk of an accident by following five easy steps:
- Do not allow distractions such as eating, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio, etc.
- Clean your windshield to avoid having a bad glare from oncoming traffic
- Turn the dashboard lights down inside your vehicle to increase your eyes’ ability to adjust to the dark
- Slow down and give yourself a greater distance to stop
- Have your lights on at night as well as during sunset and sunrise to make sure other drivers see you
Frustratingly, not everyone adjusts their driving at night, which can lead to terrible auto accidents for others on the road.
If you have been hurt due to a car accident caused by a careless driver, you can fight for the financial compensation you deserve. For more information, contact an experienced Oklahoma injury lawyer of the Abel Law Firm today at 405-239-7046 and let us help you every step of the way.