Airbags are intended to protect drivers and passengers in the event of an accident, and, in most cases they serve their purpose. Occasionally, however, airbags malfunction. They can deploy randomly and without provocation, or, even more devastating, they can fail to deploy in the event of an accident. In either instance, defective airbags can severely injure drivers and passengers.
If you or someone you love has been injured by a defective airbag, contact an Oklahoma personal injury lawyer with the Abel Law Firm by calling (405) 239-7046 today.
Defective Airbag Facts and Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded 284 airbag related deaths from 1990-2007.
- 180 of recorded deaths were children
- Nearly 50 automobile manufacturers have recalled at least one car model due to defective airbags
Common Injuries Due To Airbag Malfunction
Sadly, safety features that are intended to protect can cause devastating injuries and even death when they are defectives. Unfortunately common airbag-related injuries include:
- Facial impact injuries, including: broken nose, crushed cheek bones, black eyes
- Broken, fractured, or sprained necks
- Hearing loss or blindness
- Airbag burns
- Severe bruising
- Concussion and/or head injury
While airbags have proven to significantly reduce the number of fatal car accidents, occasional malfunctions have resulted in countless injuries and hundreds of deaths. If you or anyone you know has suffered from a defective airbag, please call (405) 239-7046 to contact an Oklahoma personal injury lawyer from the Abel Law Firm today. You may be entitled to compensation for damages or wrongful death. Call today for a free consultation with our team of experienced professionals.