Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
A serious motor vehicle accident can turn your life upside down. When someone causes an accident and hurts you in the process, your situation might feel frustrating and overwhelming. Paying for medical bills, insurance costs, and repairs to your vehicle can compromise your financial stability and add stress to your daily life. The motor vehicle accident attorneys at the Abel Law Firm can help you fight for compensation to reduce the amount you have to pay for damages following an accident.
Our attorneys have decades of combined experience standing up for the rights of drivers, bikers, and pedestrians who have suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents. If a reckless driver injured you or someone you love in an accident, you could be entitled to compensation. You should not have to take on this burden alone when you were not at fault for your injuries. Contact us by using the live chat feature on our website, filling out an information form, or calling our Oklahoma City office at (405) 239-7046.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Vehicle accidents are common enough that many injured car accident victims assume they do not need help from an attorney after an accident. Contrary to this belief, hiring a qualified personal injury lawyer can give you an advantage when you are trying to pursue compensation for your injuries. Some of the benefits of having an advocate fighting for you include:
- Paperwork and deadlines: Handling the details of a personal injury claim takes time and effort. After a serious injury, your time is better spent recovering. A qualified motor vehicle accident lawyer can help you handle the necessary paperwork and meet important deadlines while you focus on getting your life back on track.
- Gathering documents: Obtaining damages for your claim requires proving that the driver who hurt you was negligent. Negligence is the term for actions that are excessively reckless, careless, or outside the realm of how a reasonable person would act. Proving negligence requires police reports, photographs, witness testimonies, medical bills, and other documents that can support your case.
- Negotiations: Whether you receive a settlement for your case or it goes all the way to trial, an attorney can fight to obtain the best deal possible for you. This process includes negotiations with insurance companies and other attorneys. At the Abel Law Firm, we have a strong track record of protecting our clients from intimidation tactics used by insurers. They want you to take the first settlement they offer, but we want you to receive the money you need for recovery.
- Trial advocacy: Some attorneys will want you to take a settlement that is offered because it takes time and resources to go to trial. Our Oklahoma motor vehicle accident attorneys are prepared to stand by your side in front of a jury. We have obtained millions of dollars for clients because we knew the value of their cases and advocated for them during a trial.
To learn more about what an experienced personal injury lawyer can do to help your case, send us a message online, engage with the live chat service on our website, or call our office at (405) 239-7046.
Why Should I Choose the Abel Law Firm?
When you begin searching for a motor vehicle accident lawyer in Oklahoma City, it is common to feel overwhelmed by the number of options available to you. The right option is to find an attorney who can help you reach your goals and put your life back on track. You are probably thinking about how you will pay your medical bills, support your family, and get back to work. At the Abel Law Firm, we want to help you stop wondering and get results. Here are a few reasons we think our firm will be a good fit for your case:
- Decades of experience: Our partners have levels of experience that are unmatched. In fact, our firm has over 130 years of combined experience. We are a firm that has roots in Oklahoma City, and we have dedicated our careers to fighting for our neighbors, friends, and members of the community.
- Millions of dollars for clients: Above all, you want an attorney who can get results for you. Our firm has achieved multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for accident victims across the state. Whether a trucker hit you or another driver rear-ended you, we know the best way to pursue results for your case.
- Recommended by clients: Our gracious clients are the main reason we love going to work. We have the opportunity to represent the people who deserve it the most, and we are thankful to them. We do everything we can to make people feel welcome and supported throughout their legal journey. Read what our past clients have to say about us to get an idea of the guidance we plan to provide.
- National recognition: Lawyers at our firm are regularly named Super Lawyers, and our peers rate us highly on recognized platforms. Ed Abel, our senior partner, was named the Oklahoma City Personal Injury Litigator of the Year by Best Lawyers in 2011 and has won multiple verdicts exceeding one million dollars.
Cases We Handle
Motor vehicle accidents can happen for a large number of reasons, and they vary in their scope and severity. One thing all our clients have in common is that another person’s negligence caused their accident and they deserve compensation. Our firm has the knowledge and experience required to handle the following cases:
- Car Accidents: Despite the tremendous risk of an accident, personal vehicles are still the most popular form of transportation in the country. Whether the driver who caused your accident was speeding, failing to obey traffic signals, or driving drunk, they can and should be held accountable for their recklessness. Pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and vehicle drivers all deserve to feel safe on the road. Contact an Oklahoma City attorney if a reckless driver caused your injuries.
- Trucking Accidents: Due to their massive size and power, truck accidents can cause greater destruction than a typical accident. When a truck driver causes an accident, the trucking company and the driver could be liable. This is particularly the case if the crash occurred because the driver was forced to work long hours without a break or use a cellphone on the job. An attorney can get to the bottom of who was largely at fault for your accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Many drivers fail to pay attention to motorcyclists when they are driving. As a result, motorcyclists get in accidents because other drivers cannot see them or do not look for them at all. Our attorneys feel this level of negligence is unacceptable, especially because motorcyclists are more likely to sustain serious or fatal injuries because of an accident. When drivers fail to share the road, they deserve to be held accountable.
- Lost wages
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Insurance payments
- Medical bills
- 72,503 total crashes
- 590 fatal crashes
- 3,502 alcohol-related crashes
- 1,470 motorcyclists in crashes
- 34,477 people injured in crashes
If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to seek damages for your injuries from the responsible party.
What Can I Seek Damages to Cover?
If you are not sure whether you should take legal action, you should consider what you lost because of your accident. For example, did your injury cause you to lose your job or make working painful? Was your car totalled? Do you owe money to the hospital or insurance company? These are all aspects of an accident for which you can seek compensation. You could be entitled to money for the following losses:
When you are not at fault for an accident, you should not have to pay for the damage. A personal injury lawyer can help you obtain compensation when you need it most.
Oklahoma Car Accident Statistics
A motor vehicle accident can leave you feeling abandoned and isolated, especially if you sustained serious injuries. This feeling is shared among accident victims and their families. In Oklahoma City alone, there were 17,867 in 2015. That means thousands of people were left with injuries and thousands of families had to struggle. According to the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office, Oklahoma faced the following in 2015:
These are difficult statistics to read. The attorneys at the Abel Law Firm see the wide-reaching effects of motor vehicle accidents on a daily basis. When drivers are reckless and do not exercise caution on the road, they can cause serious damage to their fellow citizens. If you or someone you love was unlucky enough to encounter a careless driver, contact an attorney.
Contact an Oklahoma Personal Injury Lawyer
At the Abel Law Firm, we are lucky to call Oklahoma City our home. Unfortunately, negligence and recklessness can and do cause tragedy in our community. If you or your loved one was the victim of a motor vehicle accident, our firm could help you fight for compensation and hold reckless drivers accountable. Do not suffer another day of struggling. Get in touch with us to learn more about your legal options by calling (405) 239-7046, filling out a contact information sheet, or using the live chat option on our website today.